Bay Area Psychiatrist
Psychiatrist Pleasanton, California who treats Teenagers, Adults and Geriatric patients in the East Bay Area. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and is licensed to perform mental health evaluations and prescribe medications in a safe and effective manner if needed.
Dr. Anastasiou was born in Livermore, CA and grew up in Pleasanton. His parents, Dr. Mary and Dr. Stephen are Pediatricians still practicing in the area. Dr. Alex graduated from University of California, Davis with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biological Sciences with an emphasis in Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior as well as a minor in Psychology. He attended Touro University and then completed his Post Graduate Psychiatry Residency Training at the University of Nevada School of Medicine where he served as a Chief Resident.
He has given numerous lectures to medical students and physicians across different specialties, presenting at both Grand Rounds and Resident Research Day. He is up-to-date with the most recent advancements in psychiatry and he previously received the "Master of the PRITE" (Psychiatry Resident -In-Training Exam) Award two years in a row after scoring in the top 90th percentile among all Psychiatrists trained in the United States.
- Depression, Irritability, Low Energy, Weight Changes, Low Sex Drive, Lack of Motivation
- Anxiety: Panic attacks, Social Anxiety
- Insomnia, Racing thoughts
- ADD / ADHD (problems focusing at school or work)
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Asperger Disorder
- Body Image Issues (Anorexia / Bulimia)
- Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia
- Phase of Life Issues (Family, Jobs, Health Issues etc.)
- Relationship Problems with friends or family
- Impulse Control Problems (Anger Issues, Tics, Behavioral issues, Gambling)
- Bipolar Disorder
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Alcohol, Smoking, or Drug abuse
- Postpartum Depression
Dr. Alex Anastasiou is a physician licensed to prescribe medications.
Accepting New Patients
Call (925) 425 - 0191
East Bay Area Psychiatrist
Pleasanton, CA 94588